Tuesday, November 13, 2007

NetSuite: consumer-focused iPhone , Serious Business Apps Arriving For iPhone


Just a few weeks after the long-awaited launch of the consumer-focused iPhone, NetSuite is launching Suite Phone, an integrated set of business management programs for the hot-selling device.

Actually, SuitePhone isn’t so much a new set of applications but NetSuite for the iPhone. NetSuite officials say Apple’s announcement that its Safari browser should be the target for iPhone developers was music to its ears.

Current NetSuite users can simply access their accounts on an iPhone at no additional cost for the hosted, on-demand applications. NetSuite said new customers who want to use the iPhone will be able to start next month.

While NetSuite offers end-to-end business-management capabilities (from taking orders, checking availability, supporting customers, etc.), it considers the portable iPhone a complementary platform

We don’t see people abandoning their office notebooks or PCs to use iPhone,” said Rollings. “But it’s not beyond the realm of possibility that salespeople will be able to get a lot of their work done on an iPhone. You have the ability to check inventory for the availability of a product and get an answer in real time. The cross-process view in NetSuite is a huge enabler.”

“After I got the iPhone, I started poking around and thought I’d see if I could access my NetSuite account. I didn’t think it would work, but to my surprise it did,” said Kugler. “First I was looking up sales records, then I tried reports and graphs and they all displayed beautifully.”

No comments: